We are a digital product studio founded in Los Angeles. We are a fully remote team of passionate product designers, product managers, developers, and analysts. We solve business problems with data-driven decisions, impact-first designs, and elegant technology solutions.
We’re currently a lean team of 11 people looking for a Software Developer to join the fold.
All our work is grounded in our three pillars: 1) data-driven decisions, 2) impact-first designs, and 3) elegant technology solutions.
We’ve been working with leading e-commerce brands since 2019 to level up their digital experience and create seismic growth for their business.
What you’ll do —
Our developers are part of a highly collaborative team and work across a multitude of digital product initiatives. As a Senior Developer, you must be skilled in front-end web development. You’ll work in HTML/CSS/JS (if you like Typescript we use it too). You’ll stand out if you have experience with tools like React, Vue, Tailwind, AlpineJS, or Ruby on Rails. Here are some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Build and maintain stores hosted on the Shopify platform
- Evaluate and integrate Shopify apps, or build one if the problem calls for it!
- Review your teammates code
- See code as a tool to solve problems, but not the only way
- Partner with a designer across different initiatives to figure our the best way to implement a feature or solve a problem for our clients
What we’re looking for —
We’re a small-but-nimble team and will expect the person hired for this role to hit the ground running. We think someone with 5+ years of full-time work experience at an in-house or agency development role will be most successful in this role. If you’ve had a different path, let us know how your experience has prepared you to be our newest Senior Developer in your cover letter!
Does this sound like you?
- You consider how your code may break or be misused as you implement it
- You understand the principles of agile software development and are curious about other project management strategies (e.g. Shape Up)
- Your code is easy to read and easy to change
- You arrive to meetings on time and wrap meetings on time
- You are comfortable balancing the tradeoffs between competing priorities and client requests
You’re a strong communicator
- You set clear expectations and you have excellent follow through (e.g. you ship on time and identify risks early)
- You can speak confidently about your work to non-developers, including clients
- You can push back on scope and timelines tactfully and with empathy
You are a leader
- You’re a mentor to those with less experience
- You’re looking for ways to make the team as a whole more effective
You take initiative
- You’re comfortable tackling a problem yourself first before asking for support
- You’re comfortable asking questions to find the information you need about how to solve it
You’re always learning
- You take an interest in new technologies
Ambiguity doesn’t phase you
- You thrive in an environment that can change and iterate
- You aren’t intimidated by a poorly defined problem but rather see it as an opportunity to find clarity for the team and client
Details & perks —
- Role Type: This is a full-time contract-to-perm role.
- Paid time off: We offer 10 days of PTO during your first year, and an additional 3 days for each subsequent year. Plus, we take the last week of the year to hibernate and rest.
- Location: Remote anywhere in the US. We are based in Los Angeles so you’ll need to be able to work anywhere with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US-Pacific Time zone during a normal work day.
- Education Allowance: We offer an allowance for those who are interested in taking classes or coaching to continue their professional growth.
- Equipment Stipend: Since we’re a fully-remote team, we offer a stipend to spruce up your home office.
Application process —
Please send a cover letter (250 words or less) expressing why you’re interested in this role, along with your resume and LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a selected applicant, you can expect the following:
- A 60-minute video interview with our Founder and Development Lead
- 2 30-minute group video interviews with 2-4 additional team members
Final-stage applicants will be given a small programming assignment, lasting no more than 2-4 hours, in order to assess your skillset and approach to problem-solving. This assignment will be compensated. We’ll also ask for references at this stage.