We are a digital product studio founded in Los Angeles. We are a fully remote team of passionate product designers, product managers, developers, and analysts. We solve business problems with data-driven decisions, impact-first designs, and elegant technology solutions.
We’re currently a lean team of 15 people looking for a Project Manager to join the fold.
All our work is grounded in our three pillars: 1) data-driven decisions, 2) impact-first designs, and 3) elegant technology solutions.
We’ve been working with leading e-commerce brands since 2019 to level up their digital experience and create seismic growth for their business.
Check out some of our work by visiting Our Place,Olipop, MUD\WTR Alleyoop, House of Spoils, and Neuro.
What you’ll do —
While your responsibilities as a project manager are mainly tactical, you will be a creative partner and problem solver on the team, contributing to design and strategy thinking. You’ll work closely with client squads to successfully deliver on client initiatives while keeping the team accountable and disciplined internally.
Project managers are responsible for overseeing a multitude of digital product initiatives across our client portfolio. Here are some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- Serve as main point of contact for all operational questions for clients
- Create and maintain detailed cycle plans; hold client squads accountable to key milestones
- Attend all client meetings from kickoff to wrap, capturing notes and following up with next steps
- Deliver weekly status updates to client stakeholders on progress of initiatives
- Provide feedback on team’s work aligned with client goals, and be a partner in initiative problem solving
- Take ownership of finding, implementing, and maintaining the best scalable project management tools and systems
- Take ownership of the capacity planning/resource allocation process
- Work closely with Design and Development leads to allocate resources
- Work closely with Product Owner to understand client goals and cycle prioritization
- Keep pulse on team hours and ensure hours are being tracked consistently and accurately
- Track initiative progress in Harvest, communicating potential overages in a timely manner
- Work closely with Accounting team to confirm accuracy and schedule of invoices
- Create monthly deployment summaries for each client invoice to provide transparency on the work completed in each cycle
- Organize and maintain core systems such as Notion, Harvest, Google Drive, Linear, and Slack
- Document team and project processes in alignment with business objectives
- Work closely with the team to capture feedback throughout project lifecycles and during retrospectives
- Identify solutions for future execution/iterations of process, with the goal of improving team effectiveness
New Business Development
- Support business development opportunities from introduction call, through proposal, to close, championing our process and streamlining feedback along the way
- Communicate team-wide announcements during weekly standup meetings
- Build trust and rapport with both teammates and clients
- Maintain strong and motivational relationships with each member of the team
- Understand how and when to celebrate team/personal wins
- Facilitate team retros and provide recommendations on how to resolve internal issues
What we’re looking for —
We’re a small-but-nimble team and will expect the person hired for this role to hit the ground running. We think someone with 4+ years of project management experience at an in-house or agency will be most successful in this role. You’ll stand out if you have experience in digital platforms or product. This is a Manager role with the opportunity to shape the Project Management department at The Beyond Group and lead future Project Managers on the team.
If you’ve had a different path, let us know how your experience has prepared you to be our newest Project Manager in your cover letter!
Does this sound like you?
The task of balancing the needs of the teams with the needs of our clients requires diplomacy, a deep understanding of team dynamics, and strong emotional intelligence and empathy. We are looking for a Project Manager who embodies these values, and appreciates beautiful design and strategic thinking.
You’re super organized
- You love inbox-zero, anything color coded, and spreadsheets
- You remain calm in the face of chaos
- You arrive to meetings on time and wrap meetings on time
- You are all too familiar with various project management tools and agile methodologies
You are a leader
- You lead with empathy and know how to work with all kinds of people
- You are reliable and trustworthy to both teammates and clients
- You know when it’s time to get things done and when it’s time to pause or reflect as a team
Ambiguity doesn’t phase you
- You are able to adapt to new situations quickly
- You constantly look for ways to improve process
- You thrive in an environment that can change and iterate
- You see problems as an opportunity to improve, not a roadblock
You’re a strong communicator
- You set clear expectations and you have excellent follow through
- You can push back on scope and timelines tactfully and with empathy
You take initiative
- You’re solutions-oriented and the first to raise your hand with ideas on how to solve things
- You’re comfortable asking questions to find the information you need about how to solve it
Benefits & perks —
- 100% Medical Coverage
- 100% Dental Coverage
- PTO: We offer 15 days of PTO and 12 US & Canadian paid holidays per year.
- Winter Break: We take the last week of the year off as a team to hibernate and reset (fully paid).
- Sick Leave: We offer 5 sick days per year.
- Fully remote team: We are based in Los Angeles so you can work anywhere with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US-Pacific Time zone during a normal work day.
- Learning & Development: We reserve time each month for you to invest in your professional growth through courses, internal projects, industry events, networking or coaching.
- Equipment: Apple computer provided. Additionally, since we’re a fully-remote team, let us know what you need in order to be productive and spruce up your home office.
Application process —
Please send a cover letter (250 words or less) expressing why you’re interested in this role, along with your resume and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
If you are a selected applicant, you can expect the following:
- A 60-minute video interview with our Founder
- A 45-minute video interview with our Department leads
- A 30-minute group video interview with 2-4 additional team members
We will ask for references for final stage candidates.