We are a digital product studio founded in Los Angeles. We are a fully remote team of passionate product designers, product managers, developers, and analysts. We solve business problems with data-driven decisions, impact-first designs, and elegant technology solutions.
We’re currently a lean team of 11 people looking for an Operations Manager to join the fold.
All our work is grounded in our three pillars: 1) data-driven decisions, 2) impact-first designs, and 3) elegant technology solutions.
We’ve been working with leading e-commerce brands since 2019 to level up their digital experience and create seismic growth for their business.
Check out some of our work by visiting Our Place,Olipop, MUD\WTR Alleyoop, House of Spoils, and Neuro.
What you’ll do —
You’ll work directly with our founder and team to solve operational challenges for the business and client project work.
While this is a tactical role, we value creativity and are looking for someone who enjoys innovative problem solving for a rapidly growing company.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on day-to-day:
Process & Resource Management
- Work with founder and team leads to plan + assess quarterly growth strategies
- Oversee cycle planning and assess departmental workloads + resources
- Document team processes and identify opportunities to adapt them for growth
- Manage digital tools and systems (Asana, Harvest, Google Drive and Slack)
- Work closely with Design and Development leads to confirm resources and allocate resources to cycle plans
- Work closely with Product Owner to understand client goals, determine priority among competing initiatives and assess level of effort to build out and organize cycles
- Assess departmental budgets and identify opportunities to minimize expenses + optimize profits
- Work with project management and team leads to update forecasting, revenue recognition, and new business growth goals
- Work with project management to confirm and send client invoices
- Manage onboarding of new hires, employee benefits and contracts, and compliance with company policies
- Champion culture by fostering the exchange of ideas and creating learning opportunities between teams
- Create and maintain organizational chart and management structure
- Create job descriptions and manage postings
- Work with project teams to source and administer first-round interviews
- Facilitate post-interview communications and offers
- Act as day-to-day contact for freelance recruiters
Studio Management & Communications
- Lead standup meetings and communicate studio-wide announcements
- Maintain strong and motivational relationships with each member of the team
- Understand how and when to celebrate team wins and personal wins
- Facilitate project team retrospectives and provide recommendations on how to solve for adjacent issues
What we’re looking for —
We’re a small-but-nimble team and will expect the person hired for this role to hit the ground running. We think someone with 4+ years of operations management experience at an in-house or agency will be most successful in this role.
You’ll stand out if you have experience operating in a catch-all management position during a company’s early stages of growth. If you’ve had a different path, let us know how your experience has prepared you to be our newest Senior Operations Manager in your cover letter!
Does this sound like you?
The task of balancing the needs of the teams with the needs of the business requires diplomacy, a deep understanding of team dynamics, and strong emotional intelligence and empathy. We are looking for a Senior Operations Manager who embodies these values:
You’re super organized
- You love inbox-zero, anything color coded, and spreadsheets
- You arrive to meetings on time and wrap meetings on time
- You are familiar with various project management tools and agile methodologies
You enjoy being a leader
- You lead with empathy and know how to work with different kinds of people
- You know when it’s time to get things done and when it’s time to pause or reflect as a team
You’re an excellent communicator
- You set clear expectations and you have excellent follow through
- You can deliver advice and solutions tactfully and with empathy
You see ambiguity as an opportunity
- You thrive in an environment that can change and iterate
- You constantly look for ways to improve process
- You see problems as an opportunity to improve, not a roadblock
Benefits & perks —
- 100% Medical Coverage
- 100% Dental Coverage
- PTO: We offer 15 days of PTO and 12 US & Canadian paid holidays per year.
- Winter Break: We take the last week of the year off as a team to hibernate and reset (fully paid).
- Sick Leave: We offer 5 sick days per year.
- Fully remote team: We are based in Los Angeles so you can work anywhere with at least 4 hours of overlap with the US-Pacific Time zone during a normal work day.
- Learning & Development: We reserve time each month for you to invest in your professional growth through courses, internal projects, industry events, networking or coaching.
- Equipment: Apple computer provided. Additionally, since we’re a fully-remote team, let us know what you need in order to be productive and spruce up your home office.
Application process —
Please send a cover letter (250 words or less) expressing why you’re interested in this role, along with your resume and LinkedIn profile to email@example.com.
If you are a selected applicant, you can expect the following:
- A 60-minute video interview with our Founder
- A 45-minute video interview with our Department leads
- A 30-minute group video interview with 2-4 additional team members
We will ask for references for final stage candidates.